Executive + Leadership coaching
What is possible when you have space to bring awareness to what matters most and re-align with your values? What do you need to lead with wise action?
I am a Professional Certified Coach who partners with executives and social change leaders across the organizational chart who are looking to expand their potential to lead and live from within. I hold an unwavering belief in the possibility of healing, wholeness, and growth for the leaders who are paving the way to more equitable and just systems.
My professional coach certification training relies on an interdisciplinary approach to transformational coaching and stands on the shoulders of the human development field, psychology, soul work from indigenous cultures, and philosophies of the East. It is a unique integration of cultural awareness and social justice in coaching.
Who I Coach
I coach leaders regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or disability status, migration status, and employment. AND, I am especially energized by coaching individuals who are:
- historically excluded from positional authority (eg. women, BIPOC, immigrants & refugees, LQBTQI+, non-Christian, etc.)
- white leaders building awareness of their socially conditioned, internalized superiority and developing anti-racist skills, practices, and mindsets
- leading progressive social change organizations
- leading community-based, grassroots organizations that are led by and/or working in partnership with the communities they serve
Why Leadership Coaching?
Executive and Leadership Coaching is an investment in transformational personal and professional growth and transformation. It is a research-supported acknowledgement that strengthening the individuals with responsibility to lead and manage an organization is a direct investment in leadership effectiveness and mission impact.
Organizational culture is widely known to be more powerful than strategy – as legendary management consultant and writer Peter Drucker says, “culture eats strategy for breakfast.” AND leadership is the number one influence on culture. This makes leadership one of the most important differentiators in organizations that meet their potential for impact against mission. Research confirms that effective leadership is correlated to creative competencies that can be measured and inversely correlated to reactive tendencies. Coaching expands a leaders’ understanding of their superpowers, makes blind spots visible, and provides a pathway to increase leadership effectiveness.
Executive and Leadership Coaching is an opportunity for leaders to make sense of and integrate the learning that comes from real-time, everyday challenges in their work through a developmental relationship. Benefits of coaching typically cited by leaders include:
- Greater fulfillment of leadership and life purpose, dreams, and goals
- Clarity about what is present and possible
- New relationship with the inner critic and inner mentor
- Awareness and transformation of limiting beliefs
- Increased emotional intelligence
- Shifts in mindset and habits
- Increased or renewed energy, passion, alignment, and sense of wholeness
- Enhanced sense of confidence, ease, and creativity
- Receive 360 feedback and design a leadership growth plan for transformation
What is Coaching
- A partnership focused on personal growth to meet pressing challenges with new levels of creativity and awareness
- A sacred space to talk about what’s most important, how to engage it, and to create an action plan with support and accountability
- Empowering questions to move beyond limiting beliefs and acknowledge relationships with external systems, structures, power and privilege
- Space to connect with inner wisdom, strengths, passions, values and needs in service of making an impact in the world
- An outside partner to act as a confidential sounding board, witness, champion, and accountability buddy
- Welcoming environment to bring all parts of your identity and culture
What Coaching is NOT
- Coaching is not an expert advice or “quick fix” modality—unlike consulting or technical assistance, a coach does not provide expertise, answers and solutions. In coaching, the client is the expert on their own life, circumstances and solutions.
- Coaching is not therapy. The primary focus of therapy is generally on mental health and healing psychological challenges such as depression, anxiety, phobia, trauma, destructive behavior and addiction.
Coaching Engagement and Investment
A coaching engagement is a generally a minimum of three to four months which includes:
- An initial 90-minute, in-depth Discovery Session to explore how we will work in partnership, connect with your strengths, values, and passions, and frame the goals for our work together
- Six coaching sessions, about 1-hour each
- A final 1-hour session focused on integrating learning, celebrating and sustaining success
- Email or text support between sessions, as needed
- Co-designed exercises, homework, and insights tailored to and in partnership with the client
Coaching is one of many modalities for personal growth, learning, healing and transformation. Contact me to sign up for a 45-minute complimentary session to determine if we are a good match.
My coach approach has been especially informed by the following teachers and guides:
- Sarah Jawaid and Damon Azali-Rojas of Coaching for Healing Justice and Liberation
- Coaches formerly of Leadership that Works including Belma González, Dewey Schott, Johnny Manzon-Santos, and Shruti Sonthalia
- White anti-racist and anti-ableist coaches Claire Haas and Laura Brewer
- Elena Aguilar, Coaching for Equity and the Bright Morning Podcast
- Simplifying Coaching, Claire Pedrick
- My grandmother and father who taught me the value and power of listening, curiosity, and asking good questions!
- My mother who continues to teach me the value of presence and the art of conversation
How I’ve Honed My Craft
- PCC Credential, International Coach’s Federation
- 500+ hours of coaching
- Leadership Circle Profile, Certified Practitioner
- Regular Coaching Supervision Sessions
- Positive Intelligence Training for Coaches
- Mindful-based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion Coursework
- Coaching Communities of Practice