Some things about me that shape my work
- a lifelong nonprofit practitioner in varied roles including executive director, board president, consultant, trainer, and facilitator.
- committed to cross-cultural understanding and social and racial justice.
- on a lifelong journey of seeking to understand my own whiteness, biases, power, and privilege and the role I can play in undoing the legacies of colonialism, racism, and other forms of oppression
- an educator at heart – energized by engaging leaders and teams to develop themselves and their organizations for greater social impact.
- a Returned Peace Corps volunteer from the Solomon Islands where I served with my husband, an experience that planted the seed for my belief that community change is best led by the people closest to and most affected by the problem.
- committed to living in alignment with my values of connection, integrity and humility and to maintaining harmony between different parts of my life including work, family, volunteering, health, fun, and friends.
- a mom to two children who attend public school in our local Seattle neighborhood.
Key Professional Experiences….
- Executive Director and first paid staff of the global grantmaking nonprofit Pangea Giving – a collective giving organization that partners with community-based organizations globally.
- Developed and managed the professional development and outreach program at Facing the Future that reached over 2,000 K-12 teachers and 1.5 million students each year with global and sustainability education programming.
- Served on EarthCorps‘ Board of Directors for over 6 years including leadership roles as the Board Chair, Co-Chair of the Joint Committee of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
- University of Washington:
Master of Public Administration, and a Certificate in International Development Policy and Management
- Tufts University:
BA in International Relations and Spanish with a focus on Latin America
Related Roles and Activities
- Coaching for Transformation Certification (ICF recognized), 2020
- Train the Trainer Series, Washington Nonprofits, 2018
- Design Thinking and Strategic Planning, Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2019
- Interim Executive Director Academy, Third Sector, 2019
- Building Racial Equity: Foundations, Race Forward, 2019
- Leadership and Equity, Washington Nonprofit Pre-Conference Deep Dive, 2019
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction 8-week, 2017
- Culturally Competent Leadership in the 21st Century, Cultures Connecting and Philanthropy Northwest, 2016
- Global Leadership Forum, Cohort IV, 2014-2015
- Consulting Skills, Organizational Systems Renewal, 2013